hot72chev

quality posts: 24 Private Messages hot72chev

no1, tell your new cell mate we said hello...his nickname is "Chainsaw", am I right?

x8
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
mbspell wrote:yes

TMI

guess the tv show! (w/o looking it up)

"Do you know how old I was when I was abandoned? ... Five. Five years old. But I survived. I learned how to stay alive, how to avoid the terrible act gangs. I was fifteen before I escaped."

edit: quote to see what "terrible act" really is.

no1

hot72chev wrote:no1, tell your new cell mate we said hello...his nickname is "Chainsaw", am I right?

marlenestclair

quality posts: 10 Private Messages marlenestclair
no1 wrote:whenever i try to do that usually there's anal bleeding involved.

LMAO!!!

x9

This space for rent.

marlenestclair

mbspell wrote:finally hatched a PICHU!!!!

squee!!

and gosh darn it!

fought into 3 new gyms over last 24 hours. lost 2 already and kicked out of an old gym. damn. I was spoiled collecting on 7-8 gyms for so long. now I'm lucky to stay at 5.

maybe the cold coming back tomorrow will be a good thing

Um I have heard of getting kicked out of a bar...but a gym? Where you play a virtual game? I think I left the party too soon.....

x9

This space for rent.

moles1138

quality posts: 46 Private Messages moles1138
no1 wrote:whenever i try to do that usually there's anal bleeding involved.

That's only when we play naked Twister

mbspell

quality posts: 35 Private Messages mbspell
marlenestclair wrote:Um I have heard of getting kicked out of a bar...but a gym? Where you play a virtual game? I think I left the party too soon.....

you can battle into or take over pokemon gyms. they can be level 1-10. each day that your pokemon stay in the gym you collect 10 coins and some exp (400 per pokemon I think). if you can find a gym that doesn't turn over a lot you can really earn a bunch of coins. the 5 gyms I am in now I have been in for months. collecting coins allows me to buy more incubators with the virtual $$ and not spend my real $$

don't worry, no actual exercise goes on in pokemon gyms...

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Sheesh, I leave PWA for a few years, and you guys decide never to close the thread. That's so sweet!

pooflady

quality posts: 24 Private Messages pooflady
SkekTek wrote:Sheesh, I leave PWA for a few years, and you guys decide never to close the thread. That's so sweet!

We left the light on for you.

So when is this "Old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
pooflady wrote:We left the light on for you.

That's so nice of y'all!

marlenestclair

mbspell wrote:you can battle into or take over pokemon gyms. they can be level 1-10. each day that your pokemon stay in the gym you collect 10 coins and some exp (400 per pokemon I think). if you can find a gym that doesn't turn over a lot you can really earn a bunch of coins. the 5 gyms I am in now I have been in for months. collecting coins allows me to buy more incubators with the virtual $$ and not spend my real $$

don't worry, no actual exercise goes on in pokemon gyms...

I think its because I'm not a gamer. My last love affair with games was Pac-man. I'll stick to Sudoku and Crosswords on my Kindle LOL.

x9

This space for rent.

pooflady

Daffodils are blooming, forsythia is blooming, flowering trees are flowering. And it's supposed to go into the teens the next four days. Bummer.

hot72chev

pooflady wrote:Daffodils are blooming, forsythia is blooming, flowering trees are flowering. And it's supposed to go into the teens the next four days. Bummer.

Same here! Trees and flowers everywhere. 71 degrees today, expecting 35 degrees Saturday. Maybe we will get some snow after all.

I just want ONE good snow. Then it can be spring.

x8

pooflady

hot72chev wrote:Same here! Trees and flowers everywhere. 71 degrees today, expecting 35 degrees Saturday. Maybe we will get some snow after all.

I just want ONE good snow. Then it can be spring.

Picked daffodils and forsythia for the house. They look good. Real "springy."

mbspell

had no power in 1/2 the house this morning. had to get electric company to come out. I guess one of the lines to our house was fried/broken so it had to be replaced. all my plans for the day went out the window.

then we just found out middle son (who we picked up last night) roommate's grandfather died.

roommate lives in FL with his grandparents. I guess his dad died when he was young and grandparents were helping to raise him. he was depressed over a couple breakups, and now this. I'm worried about him

so all in all not a great day here

hot72chev

pooflady wrote:Picked daffodils and forsythia for the house. They look good. Real "springy."

House at the end of my street has too many daffodils to count! So pretty!

Forsythia cranks up my allergies!

x8

hot72chev

mbspell wrote:had no power in 1/2 the house this morning. had to get electric company to come out. I guess one of the lines to our house was fried/broken so it had to be replaced. all my plans for the day went out the window.

then we just found out middle son (who we picked up last night) roommate's grandfather died.

roommate lives in FL with his grandparents. I guess his dad died when he was young and grandparents were helping to raise him. he was depressed over a couple breakups, and now this. I'm worried about him

so all in all not a great day here

Hope today was better, MBS...I really worry about mbson's roommate. We see obits for the young ones every day...so sad, so very sad, when you think that just a kind word or gesture at the right time might have made a difference...might have...

x8

mbspell

thanks, chev, today was better

picked up oldest this evening. now I have all my boys home for a week! (which is about as long as it is wonderful.... lol)

also, no1, caught this guy in Boston tonight

qwilfish

pooflady

Pink eye, for the first time in my life.

hot72chev

pooflady wrote:Pink eye, for the first time in my life.

No way! Which grandkid passed that along to you?

x8

pooflady

hot72chev wrote:No way! Which grandkid passed that along to you?

I haven't seen any of them in a couple of weeks. It annoys me that I can't find someone to blame.

Wait...speaking of some1....

pooflady

Just read a Consumers Report article on spring cleaning. Still not sure what they're talking about.

marlenestclair

pooflady wrote:Just read a Consumers Report article on spring cleaning. Still not sure what they're talking about.

Cleaning? The C word? Ack! But I like things nice and neat, although I have 3 cats and a sheddy dog. Plus my daughter is a slob, I keep throwing her room vomit back in her room. Hubby can pile crap 20 feet high. People wonder why I am crazy??? Thank goodness for the Dyson. Sorry to hear about your pink eye....you can catch that anywhere. I saw in a documentary where they found the bacteria on shopping cart handles...among other things. Ew.

x9

This space for rent.

pooflady

marlenestclair wrote:Cleaning? The C word? Ack! But I like things nice and neat, although I have 3 cats and a sheddy dog. Plus my daughter is a slob, I keep throwing her room vomit back in her room. Hubby can pile crap 20 feet high. People wonder why I am crazy??? Thank goodness for the Dyson. Sorry to hear about your pink eye....you can catch that anywhere. I saw in a documentary where they found the bacteria on shopping cart handles...among other things. Ew.

I think for spring cleaning I'm up to about 1998.

mbspell

a friend mentioned decluttering for lent instead of giving something up. my husband hates clutter, so I decided to do this. I cleaned out a bookcase, some clothes, and a couple totes so far. just purged a few things in the kitchen as well.

mbspell

also, this is Tuesday. 12-18 inches with winds up to 50 mph. I am near the coast, a bit north of Boston.

really hurting my pokemon game!!!!

pooflady

mbspell wrote:a friend mentioned decluttering for lent instead of giving something up. my husband hates clutter, so I decided to do this. I cleaned out a bookcase, some clothes, and a couple totes so far. just purged a few things in the kitchen as well.

Wow, what a good idea.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
SkekTek wrote:Sheesh, I leave PWA for a few years, and you guys decide never to close the thread. That's so sweet!

I know, right? I've been trying to drop in here from time to time too.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

no1

no1

mbspell wrote:
also, no1, caught this guy in Boston tonight

qwilfish

awesome! all i ever get are spinaraks.

however, imma finally collected coins from 4 gyms at once! miss 1 was in 5 but only 3 were left this am.

no1

marlenestclair wrote:I think its because I'm not a gamer. My last love affair with games was Pac-man. I'll stick to Sudoku and Crosswords on my Kindle LOL.

i can't believe you never experienced tetris.

mbspell

no1 wrote:awesome! all i ever get are spinaraks.

however, imma finally collected coins from 4 gyms at once! miss 1 was in 5 but only 3 were left this am.

woo hoo!!

I lost a few and was at 5, then hustled my way into 8. now back to 6. le sigh

hot72chev

no1 wrote:i gave up religion for lent

//snicker//

x8

pooflady

Woo-hoo, got our income tax refund today!

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed

The Brackets are up.

ⅉℚ Tenth Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

mbspell

hello from blizzard land. apparently this qualifies as a blizzard. lost tv reception (we have satellite tv) but still got power (knock on wood)

probably got about 8 inches of snow so far. husband & youngest cleared the driveway even though it's still snowing. it's supposed to turn over to rain and all freeze later. I got today off but I'm worried about getting out safely tomorrow.

anyway, drove 2 minutes before it got bad this am to get my pokestop and not break my streak. there was a blue gym there, so I battled my way in. collected on 7 today!! woo hoo

edlada

quality posts: 8 Private Messages edlada

Howdy all. I just got back from 4 days in Amsterdam. I was there before, about 15 years ago. What a cool city, very unique, one of my favorite cities in the world. High times indeed, I think my eyes are a little pink too.

My dogs like me, that is important.

marlenestclair

no1 wrote:i can't believe you never experienced tetris.

oh I experience tetris everyday...my brain just does not do well with a video screen and controllers...plus when my kids were young, I had experienced more than my fair share of games, and so did my wallet LOL

x9

This space for rent.

mbspell

rushing off to work - need extra time because of all the ice - but wanted to bump the thread up. happy wednesday!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
jqubed wrote:The Brackets are up.

Did they drag you back here just for that?

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.