pooflady

quality posts: 25 Private Messages pooflady
marlenestclair wrote:I am not sure how you would mess it up because I don't like it either. However, I do like a tuna melt sandwich.....

I meant I agree with her not making it since she doesn't like it. I don't fix much that I don't like either. But I do like tuna noodle casserole.

I think my guardian angel drinks.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:How do you mess up tuna noodle casserole?

need moar deets on why you thought it was bad (e.g., flavour? texture? colour?) b4 we can make bad guesses on how it was messed up.

1. tuna bad? poorly drained?
2. over/undercooked noodle?
3. bad soup/milk ratio?

pooflady

no1 wrote:need moar deets on why you thought it was bad (e.g., flavour? texture? colour?) b4 we can make bad guesses on how it was messed up.

1. tuna bad? poorly drained?
2. over/undercooked noodle?
3. bad soup/milk ratio?

3. dry

pooflady

One of the cookies was new - butter brickle. Not bad out of the oven but today they're hard as a rock. According to helpful hints, if you put a slice of bread in the container and keep it closed for 24 hours, they'll soften up. After all, the Internet says so. I put in two slices of bread.

hot72chev

quality posts: 25 Private Messages hot72chev
pooflady wrote:One of the cookies was new - butter brickle. Not bad out of the oven but today they're hard as a rock. According to helpful hints, if you put a slice of bread in the container and keep it closed for 24 hours, they'll soften up. After all, the Internet says so. I put in two slices of bread.

Apple slices can help also.

x9
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

marlenestclair

quality posts: 12 Private Messages marlenestclair
pooflady wrote:One of the cookies was new - butter brickle. Not bad out of the oven but today they're hard as a rock. According to helpful hints, if you put a slice of bread in the container and keep it closed for 24 hours, they'll soften up. After all, the Internet says so. I put in two slices of bread.

Soft butter brickle cookies....where do I sign??

x10

This space for rent.

pooflady

marlenestclair wrote:Soft butter brickle cookies....where do I sign??

I'll let you know if the bread works. Otherwise, it's get out a mallet.

pooflady

Yippee! The bread worked. They're chewy.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:Yippee! The bread worked. They're chewy.

Cookies saved!

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

no1

KtCallista wrote:Cookies saved!

not sure the cookies think of the situation that way. "we're doomed!"

mbspell

quality posts: 37 Private Messages mbspell

might be trouble ahead for the forums and future of woot...

here's a few tweets about it

https://twitter.com/snapster/status/872541369457356800

https://twitter.com/agingdragqueen/status/872498558875955200

moles1138

quality posts: 46 Private Messages moles1138

Shit

dougall

quality posts: 15 Private Messages dougall
mbspell wrote:might be trouble ahead for the forums and future of woot...

here's a few tweets about it

https://twitter.com/snapster/status/872541369457356800

https://twitter.com/agingdragqueen/status/872498558875955200

marlenestclair

So basically an amazon jr. with no fun, Basket of Chocolates, or forums? Why don't they just strap concrete to their ass and jump off a pier....just another retail website..BORING!

x10

This space for rent.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
marlenestclair wrote:So basically an amazon jr. with no fun, Basket of Chocolates, or forums? Why don't they just strap concrete to their ass and jump off a pier....just another retail website..BORING!

Not that I'm happy to see it go, but the EBW used to be a lot different. If you were gone for a couple hours you could not catch up.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

marlenestclair

KtCallista wrote:Not that I'm happy to see it go, but the EBW used to be a lot different. If you were gone for a couple hours you could not catch up.

This wouldn't be a problem, I was an AOL games chat room host for 8 years. I had to keep up with up to 28 conversations at one time on some nights. Sometimes it's more the merrier.

x10

This space for rent.

mbspell

I'm so sad. I love hanging out here and playing all the silly games.

no1

mbspell wrote:I'm so sad. I love hanging out here and playing all the silly games.

internet relationships and communities come and go, but, perhaps, b4 they shut down the fora completely, maybe find a backup refuge for the denizens of ebw, where the silliness and games could continue...?

mbspell

no1 wrote:internet relationships and communities come and go, but, perhaps, b4 they shut down the fora completely, maybe find a backup refuge for the denizens of ebw, where the silliness and games could continue...?

I hope so. we're brainstorming for the green thread people, too.

no1

mbspell wrote:I hope so. we're brainstorming for the green thread people, too.

what about the facebook?

no1

mbspell wrote:I hope so. we're brainstorming for the green thread people, too.

btw, i have described you to some1 as a person on woot who is way ahead of us on pokemon go. that person wanted to know if you had all the initial set of pokemon.

mbspell

no1 wrote:what about the facebook?

we have a mini green grotto on facebook, but there are some green who hate fb and refuse to join.

plus, it's not as fun

mbspell

no1 wrote:btw, i have described you to some1 as a person on woot who is way ahead of us on pokemon go. that person wanted to know if you had all the initial set of pokemon.

yes, I have the complete regional gen 1 pokedex. I've caught/hatched 231 pokemon so far. still need unown & ampharos for gen 2. I hope to catch a farfetch'd when I go back to Japan.

I rarely see mareep, so I'm walking my flaaffy but it's gonna be a grind.

hot72chev

quality posts: 25 Private Messages hot72chev

//lurking//

//bumps thread//

//goes away//

x9
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

pooflady

Jeez, I go away for a few days and all hell breaks loose. See if I have this right. The writers are all being let go. Right? Anything else?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1006 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Jeez, I go away for a few days and all hell breaks loose. See if I have this right. The writers are all being let go. Right? Anything else?

Not all. Kathleen remains and TSH is now a writer.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

marlenestclair

ThunderThighs wrote:Not all. Kathleen remains and TSH is now a writer.

What about the forums? Are they staying?

x10

This space for rent.

no1

marlenestclair wrote:What about the forums? Are they staying?

they're staying but woot is getting rid of the letters e, j, o, t, and y, and replacing them with

mbspell

no1 wrote:they're staying but woot is getting rid of the letters e, j, o, t, and y, and replacing them with

crap, I need a new keyboard.

mbspell

one more proud mum brag (for this week anyway)

son still waiting to get the diplomas in the mail, but got the details today. super proud of all his hard work.

still wish he'd clean his room, though

marlenestclair

mbspell wrote:crap, I need a new keyboard.

I am sure they will sell you one LOL!

x10

This space for rent.

marlenestclair

mbspell wrote:one more proud mum brag (for this week anyway)

son still waiting to get the diplomas in the mail, but got the details today. super proud of all his hard work.

Whoo hoo! Tell him WTG from me!! Oh and forget about that room business....my DD still lives at home, will be 30 in Aug., I refuse to acknowledge her room is part of the house.

x10

This space for rent.

mbspell

marlenestclair wrote:Whoo hoo! Tell him WTG from me!! Oh and forget about that room business....my DD still lives at home, will be 30 in Aug., I refuse to acknowledge her room is part of the house.

thanks! I will

and yeah, I guess the kids didn't inherit the neatness gene from their dad. sigh

pooflady

mbspell wrote:one more proud mum brag (for this week anyway)

Wow, totally impressed. What a great achievement.

ThunderThighs

Staff

marlenestclair wrote:What about the forums? Are they staying?

Yes. We love the forums. We love you guys. No change there.

Just keep crossing your fingers that the code holds because it's built on 2005 beta stuff. :\

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ThunderThighs

Staff

no1 wrote:they're staying but woot is getting rid of the letters e, j, o, t, and y, and replacing them with

And I still love you.

digitaljanitor

quality posts: 43 Private Messages digitaljanitor

Wow, that is a horrible vowel movement in the making!

I always wondered what the job application is like at Hooters. Do they just give you a bra and say, “Here, fill this out?”

marlenestclair

ThunderThighs wrote:Yes. We love the forums. We love you guys. No change there.

Just keep crossing your fingers that the code holds because it's built on 2005 beta stuff. :\

I am fully armed with duct tape and my trusty glue gun!!!!

x10

This space for rent.

pooflady

Going to a food truck festival today. It's only supposed to be 90, but we're going because granddaughter's husband is part owner in one which leads to an interest for me in a lot of other ones. We're going early afternoon, so lunch and maybe dinner to go. There's a grilled cheese that looks really good, but that seems kind of silly to buy.

mbspell

pooflady wrote:Going to a food truck festival today. It's only supposed to be 90, but we're going because granddaughter's husband is part owner in one which leads to an interest for me in a lot of other ones. We're going early afternoon, so lunch and maybe dinner to go. There's a grilled cheese that looks really good, but that seems kind of silly to buy.

ooh! I love food truck festivals. be sure to report back on what you ate. hope it's not as hot as they say, or that there's shade.