pooflady

quality posts: 25 Private Messages pooflady
mbspell wrote:ooh! I love food truck festivals. be sure to report back on what you ate. hope it's not as hot as they say, or that there's shade.

We went, got there a little after 1:00, but probably would have had to walk for at least 20 minutes to get there. I can't do it in this heat. Or probably even if it wasn't hot. Went to Red Robin. Don't these people work? Must have been at least 1,000 there.

I think my guardian angel drinks.

marlenestclair

quality posts: 12 Private Messages marlenestclair
pooflady wrote:We went, got there a little after 1:00, but probably would have had to walk for at least 20 minutes to get there. I can't do it in this heat. Or probably even if it wasn't hot. Went to Red Robin. Don't these people work? Must have been at least 1,000 there.

I know right? We went to Sams Club today and the place was brimming with people. Lines were so long they were curving, people with overflowing carts! We just had to go to pick up my meds thank goodness.
But then I thought...wait...I'm not working either! LOL!

x10

This space for rent.

hot72chev

quality posts: 25 Private Messages hot72chev

I get off work at noon on Fridays. That is my time to "get stuff done"...today was oil change & tire rotation. Usually stuff like doctor, dentist, groceries, etc.

Traffic in my area was horrible today too. Where are all these people coming and going from?

x9
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

mbspell

quality posts: 37 Private Messages mbspell
pooflady wrote:We went, got there a little after 1:00, but probably would have had to walk for at least 20 minutes to get there. I can't do it in this heat. Or probably even if it wasn't hot. Went to Red Robin. Don't these people work? Must have been at least 1,000 there.

son and I went to a local "marketplace" - kind of like a mall but all stores are outside - yesterday for lunch and to get his iPhone fixed. it was around 1 pm on a Thu and it was mobbed! parking lot full, people everywhere.

too bad you missed the food trucks, but I don't blame you. between the heat and the crowd it would not be fun.

moles1138

quality posts: 46 Private Messages moles1138
pooflady wrote:Going to a food truck festival today. It's only supposed to be 90, but we're going because granddaughter's husband is part owner in one which leads to an interest for me in a lot of other ones. We're going early afternoon, so lunch and maybe dinner to go. There's a grilled cheese that looks really good, but that seems kind of silly to buy.

We weren't able to go to the one in our town this year. Just as well, it poured rain. Did that once before and we got soaked.

pooflady

Was planning on doing some major grocery shopping today, but hated to go out, it's really hot. So I'm trying the order online stuff and I'll pick it up tomorrow. It will be interesting. There was only one thing on my list that I couldn't find.

hot72chev

pooflady wrote:Was planning on doing some major grocery shopping today, but hated to go out, it's really hot. So I'm trying the order online stuff and I'll pick it up tomorrow. It will be interesting. There was only one thing on my list that I couldn't find.

Oo, let us know how that goes. I have been wondering about it. I'm pretty picky when I shop, and I just can't imagine "they" would get my order right.

Yes, it is stinking hot here too. Stayed inside most of the day.

x9

hot72chev

Wishing Happy Father's Day to all.

x9

pooflady

hot72chev wrote:Oo, let us know how that goes. I have been wondering about it. I'm pretty picky when I shop, and I just can't imagine "they" would get my order right.

Yes, it is stinking hot here too. Stayed inside most of the day.

It was pretty fast. The rye bread I wanted was out of stock (shouldn't have been, somebody didn't order enough, it's very popular). If I had been in the store I probably would have found a different brand.

I ordered 100 Kroger paper plates and they substituted 100 foam plates, which I refused. I hate foam plates. Because of this, she had to go back in the store and redo the bill. If I had been in the store, I would have bought either Dixie or two 50s of the Kroger plates. I hadn't checked no substitutions for that one.

All in all, satisfied. Wouldn't do it every week. Although they take paper coupons, they do tell you it will slow things down when you pick up, so I saved those for the next time I'm in a box store.

Made husband go with me so if for some reason I can't go to the store (like my back goes out), I can still order what I want and he knows how to pick it up.

Questions?

mbspell

pooflady wrote:It was pretty fast. The rye bread I wanted was out of stock (shouldn't have been, somebody didn't order enough, it's very popular). If I had been in the store I probably would have found a different brand.

I ordered 100 Kroger paper plates and they substituted 100 foam plates, which I refused. I hate foam plates. Because of this, she had to go back in the store and redo the bill. If I had been in the store, I would have bought either Dixie or two 50s of the Kroger plates. I hadn't checked no substitutions for that one.

All in all, satisfied. Wouldn't do it every week. Although they take paper coupons, they do tell you it will slow things down when you pick up, so I saved those for the next time I'm in a box store.

Made husband go with me so if for some reason I can't go to the store (like my back goes out), I can still order what I want and he knows how to pick it up.

Questions?

good to know, I have considered Peapod on occasion but never actually tried it. I prefer to select my own fruit/veg and the substitution part would worry me, but sounds like it went pretty well for you.

mbspell

hot72chev wrote:Wishing Happy Father's Day to all.

yes, hope all the dads out there are having a nice day!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Does anyone else feel like they've been run over by a truck after they get back from a conference they had to fly to? I'm not sure if it's the flying, the lack of sleep, the too much beer, or what?

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

mbspell

KtCallista wrote:Does anyone else feel like they've been run over by a truck after they get back from a conference they had to fly to? I'm not sure if it's the flying, the lack of sleep, the too much beer, or what?

I don't get to fly to conferences, but I feel like that after the last couple weeks... too much to do, not enough time

pooflady

I was sitting in my recliner the other night watching the news when the electric went out. Fortunately for only a few minutes because it occurred to me that I don't know how I'd get out of it. It's electric. Not a lift chair, but a power chair. And I don't think I could get out of it without breaking the footrest. I could sit there for a few hours, but sooner or later you have to pee.

digitaljanitor

quality posts: 43 Private Messages digitaljanitor
pooflady wrote:I was sitting in my recliner the other night watching the news when the electric went out. Fortunately for only a few minutes because it occurred to me that I don't know how I'd get out of it. It's electric. Not a lift chair, but a power chair. And I don't think I could get out of it without breaking the footrest. I could sit there for a few hours, but sooner or later you have to pee.

maybe you should look into a backup generator with remote start ??

I always wondered what the job application is like at Hooters. Do they just give you a bra and say, “Here, fill this out?”

pooflady

digitaljanitor wrote:maybe you should look into a backup generator with remote start ??

Do they make those?

marlenestclair

KtCallista wrote:Does anyone else feel like they've been run over by a truck after they get back from a conference they had to fly to? I'm not sure if it's the flying, the lack of sleep, the too much beer, or what?

Blame it on the beer...always lol.

x10

This space for rent.

marlenestclair

pooflady wrote:It was pretty fast. The rye bread I wanted was out of stock (shouldn't have been, somebody didn't order enough, it's very popular). If I had been in the store I probably would have found a different brand.

Questions?

I know Sams Club and Walmart is doing this now. I think Walmart gives you a discount too.
I have a hard time with stores too for lots of reasons. What I hate is when you go to the website, it tells you your item is in store, you get there and there isn't even a place for that item on the shelf! So I go home and order it from Amazon......
Hmmmm and why are brick and mortars going under???

x10

This space for rent.

digitaljanitor

quality posts: 43 Private Messages digitaljanitor
pooflady wrote:Do they make those?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008H2G566/?tag=dealswoot-20

"they" make virtually everything, given enough money. Problem with that "solution" is that you also have to have some expensive wiring done where a generator hooks into the house power grid. Not at all practical for the unlikely event of the power going out for extended period while you happen to be nested in your chair. Once you're in your chair, you cannot switch the plug from the wall to a generator, hence the additional wiring requirements to bypass the electric company when your generator kicks in. Sorry.

I always wondered what the job application is like at Hooters. Do they just give you a bra and say, “Here, fill this out?”

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:I was sitting in my recliner the other night watching the news when the electric went out. Fortunately for only a few minutes because it occurred to me that I don't know how I'd get out of it. It's electric. Not a lift chair, but a power chair. And I don't think I could get out of it without breaking the footrest. I could sit there for a few hours, but sooner or later you have to pee.

a check on the google informs me that some electric recliners include battery backup. there are also apparently wireless recliners that operate exclusively off of battery (they have to be recharged periodically).

here is something that can be bought on amazon (no guarantee it is compatible with your recliner, tho): https://www.amazon.com/Limoss-Rechargeable-Furniture-Pack-Reclining/dp/B0198MWHOM

KtCallista

marlenestclair wrote:Blame it on the beer...always lol.

That's probably wise.

pooflady

no1 wrote:a check on the google informs me that some electric recliners include battery backup. there are also apparently wireless recliners that operate exclusively off of battery (they have to be recharged periodically).

here is something that can be bought on amazon (no guarantee it is compatible with your recliner, tho): https://www.amazon.com/Limoss-Rechargeable-Furniture-Pack-Reclining/dp/B0198MWHOM

I'll be darned. I think I'm just going to hope for the best. The comments sound like a lot of work.

moles1138

20 Years Ago Today I married the most amazing woman...

How she put up with me all these years I'll never know.

pooflady

moles1138 wrote:20 Years Ago Today I married the most amazing woman...

Congratulations!!!

KtCallista

moles1138 wrote:20 Years Ago Today I married the most amazing woman...

Congrats!!!

moles1138

Oogie says "Cheers"

marlenestclair

Oogie is so lovely, and you look great in a tux! Congrats! Its always nice to know when a marriage makes it nowadays

x10

This space for rent.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
marlenestclair wrote:Oogie is so lovely, and you look great in a tux! Congrats! Its always nice to know when a marriage makes it nowadays

suppose (just hypothetically, oogie would never do this) oogie stabs moles with a kitchen knife 30 years from now. they would have celebrated their 50th anny together, but it didn't end that well (i guess it's still "til death do they part"). is that still a marriage that "made it"?

moles1138

marlenestclair wrote:Oogie is so lovely, and you look great in a tux! Congrats! Its always nice to know when a marriage makes it nowadays

My Parents will be celebrating their 57th soon.
Her parents just celebrated their 63rd(ish - I've lost track)

cklun

quality posts: 39 Private Messages cklun

Volunteer Moderator

Congrats!

Oogie looks gorgeous!

"I NEVER EVER share garlic balls!"]

hot72chev

moles1138 wrote:Oogie says "Cheers"

Cheers, Oogie! You look lovely, dahling!

x9