0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 2656 Private Messages lichme

Absolutely one of the things that every car should have, and this is a great kit. Tons of stuff that you might not think you need, but may eventually come in handy. Toss it in your trunk and keep it there.

wotowotowooter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wotowotowooter

Bought 1 for the car and 1 for the van.
8 gauge cables alone cost this much.
$25 doesn't seem much when you're stuck somewhere during a road-trip.

Last week, our van's battery drained out and the cars around us were rentals and none of them had jumper cables.

I can tell you from experience this is a no-brainer for anyone with a car.

SirLord

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SirLord

8 Gauge jumper cables for 19 bucks is a decent deal alone. Do we have any information on the clamps? If the clamps are solid, this should be an instant buy for anyone without a good set of jumper cables in their car.

thumperchick

quality posts: 233 Private Messages thumperchick

These kits are great to have on hand. You can augment as you like, and it's in a handy case. I always have one in my vehicle.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

SirLord wrote:8 Gauge jumper cables for 19 bucks is a decent deal alone. Do we have any information on the clamps? If the clamps are solid, this should be an instant buy for anyone without a good set of jumper cables in their car.

per the specifications page:

Booster Cable 10' 8GA, 300Amp

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1068 Private Messages whatsamattaU

quickie--$19.99 tonight.
very little out there.
Lifeline was probably the company that allowed AAA to brand it, since Costco looks like they sold the same kit at one point (only 1 positive, not very informative review from 2 years ago):
http://reviews.costco.com/2070/11616686/lifeline-first-aid-aaa-102-piece-premium-travel-road-kit-reviews/reviews.htm

The only other thing floating out there is ebay for $50
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AAA-Emergency-Car-Care-Kit-Premium-Traveler-Roadside-Kit-102-Piece-/360674449817

It may have been $35 before with what looks like maybe the same product, but the links don't go to the 102 piece kit
http://www.shopping.com/lifeline-first-aid-lifeline-102-piece-aaa-explorer-emergency-road-kit/info

bye

erickmoreno

quality posts: 1 Private Messages erickmoreno

Are the jumper cables of good quality? I bought some cheap ones long time ago, and when I tried to use them they didn't worked at all (while other more sturdy ones that I had in other car worked perfectly).

skispeakeasy

quality posts: 28 Private Messages skispeakeasy
erickmoreno wrote:Are the jumper cables of good quality? I bought some cheap ones long time ago, and when I tried to use them they didn't worked at all (while other more sturdy ones that I had in other car worked perfectly).

You get what you pay for. I like deals as much as the next guy, but using ultra cheap jumper cables is probably pound foolish.

Done and done! ;)

lorenzodemedici

quality posts: 36 Private Messages lorenzodemedici

Difficult to say about the jumper cables without holding them in your hand. No returns with Woot. You're getting a set of jumper cables, a little flashlight, and a tow rope for $20. The rest is fluff that you have sitting around the house anyway. But how many people are going to collect all that stuff, put it in a bag, and put it in the car? Not many. Too busy on the smartphone or watching reality TV. And cheap jumper cables do work, they just add a little more excitement to the process of dealing with a dead battery. You want excitement, the time I connected the positive to the negative by mistake - that was excitement. Flames and battery acid everywhere. So I say go ahead and buy this little kit, and throw it in the back of the car. Maybe it will save you a load of aggravation sometime.

theDP

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theDP

Cheaper on amazon if you include the shipping from woot. 3.5 stars

whitcwa

quality posts: 12 Private Messages whitcwa

Don't buy cheap jumper cables. Nothing worse than finding out your bargain cables won't reach, and you need heavier gauge wires to provide enough current. Get 6 or 4 gauge 25 footers. If you do have to use light gauge wires leave the cables connected for several minutes with the working car's engine running before trying to start the dead car. That will allow the donor's alternator to partially charge the dead battery.

phonedog365

quality posts: 6 Private Messages phonedog365

50 of the 102 pieces are regular band-aids. Advertising fail or outright deception?

joeykohs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joeykohs
phonedog365 wrote:50 of the 102 pieces are regular band-aids. Advertising fail or outright deception?

Neither. A lot of kits that have a lot of pieces often contain a lot of a particular item. There was an item, the SoniCrafter, listed here late last week, and a lot of the items included with it (I believe it was a 72 piece set or something like that) were sanding discs. It's just the way it is with these things. For $25, including shipping, with jumper cables, a flashlight, and more than just band-aids, you're going to complain? The next time Woot offers this, your post will be how you passed on this deal because you didn't think it was worth the price, figured you'd assemble your own, said "I'll get around to it," got stuck on the side of the road somewhere, and then had to tell us the story which starts "I never got around to it," at which point you'll buy the next one.

hot72chev

quality posts: 11 Private Messages hot72chev

Oh so tempting! ARRG! I already have most of this stuff in my trunk (I'm kind of an amateur prepper), but this is all in a neat little bag! There must be something in it that I neglected...must... pull ... trigger...GAH!

Talesin

quality posts: 13 Private Messages Talesin

Kind of weaselly to call it a 102-piece kit, when 79 of the pieces are individual band-aids.

Still, I'd spend this much on a single set of jumper cables. The tow rope is just a bonus, and the rest is just a random assortment of useful-enough items.

Toss in your own metric (or SAE depending on your car's standard) socket set, a box cutter/utility knife, a space blanket, a can of fix-a-flat, and boom... you're significantly more prepared than probably 99% of the other drivers on the road.

In for two.

bruce57

quality posts: 9 Private Messages bruce57

Why isn't the length of the tow rope listed? The size of everything else is, right down to the band-aids...and, yea, the length - and sheer strength - of the tow rope is REAL important...

edmcguirk

quality posts: 3 Private Messages edmcguirk

Just like a camera, the best jumper cables are the ones that you have with you.

I have a small car and a set of excellent heavy gauge jumper cables. The problem is that the heavy gauge jumper cables are at home because they would be very inconvenient in the car. My small car has a cheap set of thin jumper cables tucked behind a trunk panel. They work in an emergency. You might have to wait a few minutes for a good charge but they are in the car.

Funny, I have a tow rope but I never thought to put it in the car.

A tarp is a nice addition and will fit almost anywhere.

What really has me interested is the "one-sided bag". Is this some Mobius Klien bottle type of bag? Is it bigger on the inside or something?

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 15 Private Messages daveinwarshington

Probably a good deal, for those who don't want to assemble their own kit.
I like to keep a small tool kit in each vehicle also.
Be prepared.

johnt007871

quality posts: 8 Private Messages johnt007871

I'm not sure this will fit in my miata

MITCHELLWOOT

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MITCHELLWOOT

Add a tire plug kit, spray bottle with soapy water and a 12v inflator. Ready to go!

nabutu

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nabutu
phonedog365 wrote:50 of the 102 pieces are regular band-aids. Advertising fail or outright deception?

No, you're wrong there! It's more like 80-84 band aids! ;-P

MITCHELLWOOT

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MITCHELLWOOT
johnt007871 wrote:I'm not sure this will fit in my miata

Why not?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bruce57 wrote:Why isn't the length of the tow rope listed? The size of everything else is, right down to the band-aids...and, yea, the length - and sheer strength - of the tow rope is REAL important...

Don't have strength info but Stephanie just measured and it's 139” – approx.. give or take.
She measured from the inside of the hook to inside of hook.

Feel free to say thank you to Stephanie!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

schilma

quality posts: 1 Private Messages schilma
MITCHELLWOOT wrote:Why not?

Damn, you beat me to it. I was trying to find a picture of my Miata towing my 16' Hobie Cat.

Edit: if you have a NA (90-97) you can remove the spare tire, and there's kind of a tunnel behind it. I've always kept my emergency kit in that tunnel.

dunhama1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dunhama1

Is the flashlight that comes with this a crank-powered flashlight? It says in the features that it is, but the picture doesn't look like it and it doesn't specify in the specs.

Can someone please confirm for me? If it is indeed a crank, then I'm definitely in for 2.

badhabit12

quality posts: 14 Private Messages badhabit12

I have some hard won advice for anyone that will listen.
Buy your safety gear like a life depended on it, because it will. NEVER BUY CHEAP!
Pack everything in water proof storage bags/containers. With top of the line flashlights (more than one). And don’t forget the silver space blankets.
Visit web sites that give advice on how to do this. Then make your choices.

Nothing will bring the importance of doing this correctly then coming apron a very serious car accident late at night in a snow storm and you’re the only one that can help. Its pitch black out, sub-zero and snowing with high winds. Do you think a little pen flash light will do it? How about blankets for injured people?
The worst case is, it’s you in the accident.
The best situation is being prepared for it and never having to use it.

cocraig75

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cocraig75

Arg. I really wanted a kit with 50 bandages and this one only has 49. I'll have to patiently wait for another kit to come out.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dunhama1 wrote:Is the flashlight that comes with this a crank-powered flashlight? It says in the features that it is, but the picture doesn't look like it and it doesn't specify in the specs.

Can someone please confirm for me? If it is indeed a crank, then I'm definitely in for 2.

Sorry. I just wandered down to look at it. It requires 2AA batteries, included. And ours was black, not red as shown in the vendor's picture we used.

I've emailed in to get the features updated.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Tarkus01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tarkus01

Why not this from Amazon for less with Prime.
http://www.amazon.com/Bell-Automotive-22-1-65006-1-Roadside-Emergency/dp/B000XV4EI0/ref=sr_1_9?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1371069966&sr=1-9&keywords=aaa+roadside+emergency+kit

Includes tire sealent and space blanket.

kdeuce

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdeuce

doesn't the new Samsung Galaxy S4 carry all this?

morninglark

quality posts: 22 Private Messages morninglark

I already have a roadside emergency kit and a first aid kit (woot purchased) in my van. But I always look at preparedness gear. I found one spec very confusing: "(1) 4286AAA-T 1-Sided Bag". One-sided bag? Is this in flatland? How is a bag that unfolds flat one-sided? Outside+inside= two sides (when unzipped and lying flat).

Tarkus01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tarkus01
morninglark wrote:I already have a roadside emergency kit and a first aid kit (woot purchased) in my van. But I always look at preparedness gear. I found one spec very confusing: "(1) 4286AAA-T 1-Sided Bag". One-sided bag? Is this in flatland? How is a bag that unfolds flat one-sided? Outside+inside= two sides (when unzipped and lying flat).

It's like the deli that slices the ham so thin it only has one side.

bsl05

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bsl05

Anyone receive theirs yet? I received a tracking link to USPS, but it isn't an update yet. Just for kicks, I tried the tracking number on UPS's and FedEx's sites - FedEx has that number in "initiated" status.

manhandsha

quality posts: 31 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

bsl05 wrote:Anyone receive theirs yet? I received a tracking link to USPS, but it isn't an update yet. Just for kicks, I tried the tracking number on UPS's and FedEx's sites - FedEx has that number in "initiated" status.

Sounds like your order will be shipping via FedEx Smartpost. This means FedEx will get your order to your city, and will then hand it off to your local post office for final delivery. I know most of my orders have arrived this way.

Hope this helps.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.