Order Pace (rank):
Top 16% of Tools Woots
Top 14% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 8% of Tools Woots
Top 10% of all Woots

WootNDaddy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages WootNDaddy

I've bought a decent amount of stuff from Woot. These chairs are the worst pieces of junk. Uncomfortable, ugly, and weak. These chairs are the benchmark for crap.

johnharlow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnharlow
WootNDaddy wrote:I've bought a decent amount of stuff from Woot. These chairs are the worst pieces of junk. Uncomfortable, ugly, and weak. These chairs are the benchmark for crap.

I could not agree more!!! I bought some a few years ago. Its barely packing crate quality wood. The wood is not seasoned or properly treated so the first thing that happens is the whole mess keeps coming loose and you are forever tightening screws. It tries to collapse under you every time you sit on it. And the as the wood continues to dry, it warps more and more. That means the already flimsy front legs buckle as tbere is no cross bracing to stop them going anywhere they want. And the chairs are really not comfortable for anyone over 150 pounds. Absolute rubbish. Save your money or better still research what high quality ones are like and make your own from good materials.
I have some that sit on the beach at Cape Cod year round and are solid and comfy, year in year out. Good materials, well made and properly treated.
This stuff is firewood.

wayyo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wayyo

these are junk. get some plans, head to home depot for wood.

robopie

quality posts: 5 Private Messages robopie

Thankyou all for the feedback. Stopped me from buying two.

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 9258787

Great feedback. Stopped me from buying 3. Thank you

basilisk4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages basilisk4
johnharlow wrote:I could not agree more!!! I bought some a few years ago. Its barely packing crate quality wood. The wood is not seasoned or properly treated so the first thing that happens is the whole mess keeps coming loose and you are forever tightening screws. It tries to collapse under you every time you sit on it. And the as the wood continues to dry, it warps more and more. That means the already flimsy front legs buckle as tbere is no cross bracing to stop them going anywhere they want. And the chairs are really not comfortable for anyone over 150 pounds. Absolute rubbish. Save your money or better still research what high quality ones are like and make your own from good materials.
I have some that sit on the beach at Cape Cod year round and are solid and comfy, year in year out. Good materials, well made and properly treated.
This stuff is firewood.

They are unstained wood. If you don't paint or stain them, they will warp and rot. That's how wood works.

hebrewzzi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hebrewzzi

Got mine on Friday and put them together yesterday. So far, so good. Time will tell, but they seem to be pretty sturdy and they're fairly comfortable. I do want to stain and seal them, but have to do my homework since I haven't done it before. I didn't know what to expect for $60 each (normally Adirondack chairs are in upwards of $150-200 each), but they quality is decent for the price.

Fyrcomltd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fyrcomltd

I am a new WOOT customer. This is the first order I have placed. I also have to agree with the other dissatisfied buyers. I bought 3 chairs. All 3 had issues. Broken slats and trim pieces. Shipping boxes were not damaged so the chairs were sent out in this condition. If this is the type of merchandise WOOT is going to sell, I may as well and cancel my account.

TaylorSwiftsHaircut

quality posts: 30 Private Messages TaylorSwiftsHaircut

Staff

Fyrcomltd wrote:I am a new WOOT customer. This is the first order I have placed. I also have to agree with the other dissatisfied buyers. I bought 3 chairs. All 3 had issues. Broken slats and trim pieces. Shipping boxes were not damaged so the chairs were sent out in this condition. If this is the type of merchandise WOOT is going to sell, I may as well and cancel my account.

I'm really sorry to hear about your chairs. If you haven’t already, please use the Customer Service form to report the problems with your order. They should be able to help.