Top 12% of all Woots

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

LumaWarm Heated Nightlight Toilet Seats
Price: $88.99 - 117.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days (Monday, Feb 20 to Thursday, Feb 23) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
2/2/2015 - $88.99 - Click To See Discussion (52 comments)

4/16/2015 - $74.99 (Woot Plus)
3/24/2015 - $88.99 (Woot Plus)

frombyu

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frombyu

I have this seat, and it is pretty good. Fits the bowl correctly, but needs to be tightened once every other month, otherwise slides around. Naturally, I paid full price 3 months ago from amazon.

woncoolone

quality posts: 3976 Private Messages woncoolone

ntimad8ion

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ntimad8ion
frombyu wrote:I have this seat, and it is pretty good. Fits the bowl correctly, but needs to be tightened once every other month, otherwise slides around. Naturally, I paid full price 3 months ago from amazon.

How long does it take to heat up? or do you just turn the light and heat on when you go to sleep so you have a nice toasty bowl for your morning dump?

clydaho

quality posts: 3 Private Messages clydaho

"Powered by standard GFI outlet. 4' cord"

If I wouldn't have to stretch a cord across or around a sink to the nearest outlet, this might be tempting.

bam1220

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bam1220

What happens when a guy has to raise the seat to pee in the middle of the night? Does the light turn off when the seat is raised? Kind of defeats the purpose of a light if it turns off. Pics do not show the seat raised.

JPHades

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JPHades
bam1220 wrote:What happens when a guy has to raise the seat to pee in the middle of the night? Does the light turn off when the seat is raised? Kind of defeats the purpose of a light if it turns off. Pics do not show the seat raised.

Hi - the light stays on regardless of the position of the seat (up or down).

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 960 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bam1220 wrote:What happens when a guy has to raise the seat to pee in the middle of the night? Does the light turn off when the seat is raised? Kind of defeats the purpose of a light if it turns off. Pics do not show the seat raised.

Found the answer in Q&A on Amazon.

The light is on the base, not the seat. Doesn't matter if the seat is up or down.

*** Play TT's Clue every Thursday at 9pm CT ***
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

nabutu

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nabutu
clydaho wrote:"If I wouldn't have to stretch a cord across or around a sink to the nearest outlet, this might be tempting.

Yep. The achilles heel of most new-fangled toilet inventions is either batteries or installing an AC outlet close to the lieu.

But this thing would be really great for the outhouse during an Alaskan winter, and only bears would mind the rather tangy taste of an orange extension cord snaking out from the big house.

BrondellSF

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BrondellSF
ntimad8ion wrote:How long does it take to heat up? or do you just turn the light and heat on when you go to sleep so you have a nice toasty bowl for your morning dump?

As long as it's plugged in, the seat will stay warm and toasty at the temperature you prefer(off-low-med-high). The light also has a simple On/Off button, so you decide when you want it!

Neotacha

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Neotacha

Maybe it's where I live, but honestly, the toilet seat doesn't get so cold that I'd be willing to risk extension cords in my bathroom. And the neighbor's security lights shine through the window enough that the only time I'd want a nightlight would be if the power was off, when it wouldn't work anyway.

onefastbob

quality posts: 4 Private Messages onefastbob
Neotacha wrote:Maybe it's where I live, but honestly, the toilet seat doesn't get so cold that I'd be willing to risk extension cords in my bathroom. And the neighbor's security lights shine through the window enough that the only time I'd want a nightlight would be if the power was off, when it wouldn't work anyway.

Exactly! Also I just get the wife to sit on the seat before I use it to warm it up.

onefastbob

Could this be called crap for the crapper? Woot really needs me to be in charge of writing their tag lines.

nmumark

quality posts: 16 Private Messages nmumark

How much does this thing cost per year to run since it is always on? Assuming say .17 kilowatthour rate

onefastbob

nmumark wrote:How much does this thing cost per year to run since it is always on? Assuming say .17 kilowatthour rate

They certainly did not include power consumption in the description, did they?

jkchicago

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jkchicago

I've had this for 3 years and it was a great purchase. I put in an outlet close to the toilet and have had no issues. It heats up quickly and you can turn it off as you choose.
It's not something you need, but once you are used to a warm toilet seat, you never want to go back.

BrondellSF

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BrondellSF
nmumark wrote:How much does this thing cost per year to run since it is always on? Assuming say .17 kilowatthour rate

On the highest temperature setting, with the light on, the LumaWarm is using 55 watts. If you were to run the seat on the highest temperature all year (most people don't) and leave the light on all the time at .17 kilowatthour rate you are looking at $81.91 per year or $0.2244 per day. Wattage is listed on the spec sheet and in the owner's manual which are available on the brondell website. Cheers!

aderus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aderus

waaaay too close to the "toaster-in-a-bathtub" potential...