Order Pace (rank):
Top 16% of Tools Woots
Top 14% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 8% of Tools Woots
Top 9% of all Woots

Epowell80

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Epowell80

Don't understand why people would pay for this, it's 30 in material, T any Lowe's or home depot,

sdblair

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sdblair
Epowell80 wrote:Don't understand why people would pay for this, it's 30 in material, T any Lowe's or home depot,

I know, right? I make my own cars, too. Not paying that markup for a stoopid Ford or Chevy!

Woot

kope007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kope007
Epowell80 wrote:Don't understand why people would pay for this, it's 30 in material, T any Lowe's or home depot,

I'd like to see the list for that shelf. An 8ft stick of angle iron is $30 where I am.

RichA1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RichA1

this is not a deal,.. it's roughly the same price on amazon, which means it is most likely cheaper on ebay

drew4erd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drew4erd

If you go directly to SafeRacks website and Current Specials and they have Factory Seconds offerings...$119.99 for the same thing offered here and shipped for free.

All Factory Second Racks have cosmetic flaws which can include: scratches, dents, discoloration, uneven powder coating, or rust. These imperfections do not affect the structure or the weight capacity of the Rack. All Factory Seconds are Lifetime Warrantied.

Drew

aarond12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aarond12

The one I got from Woot didn't seem to be a "second". It didn't have any imperfections and was relatively easy to install.

I do fail to see how rust wouldn't cause the structure to be weaker... even surface rust isn't a good thing.

TaylorSwiftsHaircut

quality posts: 30 Private Messages TaylorSwiftsHaircut

Staff

drew4erd wrote:If you go directly to SafeRacks website and Current Specials and they have Factory Seconds offerings...$119.99 for the same thing offered here and shipped for free.

All Factory Second Racks have cosmetic flaws which can include: scratches, dents, discoloration, uneven powder coating, or rust. These imperfections do not affect the structure or the weight capacity of the Rack. All Factory Seconds are Lifetime Warrantied.

Do you have a link for that?

The only 4x8ft option I was able to find on their Current Specials section was $179.99

agushgar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages agushgar

Haven't done a lot of drilling/storage with ceiling beams... I'm a bit wary of putting too much weight on them. I mean, I doubt immediate failure would occur, but could these cause unnecessary problems 20-30 years down the line?

agushgar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages agushgar

Eh, I think it would be a bit more expensive than that, even if you had all of the tools required to build it. Think 60-70 is a much more reasonable price, plus if you even need one additional power tool that you can't borrow from a buddy, you can tack on 100 bucks right there.