Order Pace (rank):
Top 21% of Tools Woots
Top 20% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 1% of Tools Woots
Top 3% of all Woots

davejostef

quality posts: 1 Private Messages davejostef

Wondering if anyone has ever tried this with a Big Red (camping) propane firepit? We use that when RVing and thought this would be the talk of the campground but wondering how well it works in that kind of firepit.

edriks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages edriks

Is it safe to cook on to roast hot dogs , kabobs and marshmallows over it?

huggybear0132

quality posts: 1 Private Messages huggybear0132

Anyone know how much volume 10lb of this stuff will fill? Weight isn't that useful for planning how much I need...

nighthawk90068

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nighthawk90068
huggybear0132 wrote:Anyone know how much volume 10lb of this stuff will fill? Weight isn't that useful for planning how much I need...

enter the dimensions of the space you would like to fill and then multiply the result by 1.2

nighthawk90068

davejostef wrote:Wondering if anyone has ever tried this with a Big Red (camping) propane firepit? We use that when RVing and thought this would be the talk of the campground but wondering how well it works in that kind of firepit.

This should not be an issue~ The Fire Glass will work in any Fire Pit~

nighthawk90068

edriks wrote:Is it safe to cook on to roast hot dogs , kabobs and marshmallows over it?

Other than making a mess of your glass, this is fine~

huggybear0132

nighthawk90068 wrote:enter the dimensions of the space you would like to fill and then multiply the result by 1.2

I am still not clear on this. Should I be measuring cubic inches and multiplying by 1.2 to get the number of pounds I need? Or is it cubic feet x 1.2 = 10lb bags? Units please!

smokingpencils

quality posts: 2 Private Messages smokingpencils

The volume of 10lbs of 1/3" recycled glass bits is roughly equivalent to a 1 gallon milk jug.

To replace a small ceramic log set in a 17"x15" fireplace with 4" depth to cover all the pipes, I needed 60 lbs. of glass.

huggybear0132

smokingpencils wrote:The volume of 10lbs of 1/3" recycled glass bits is roughly equivalent to a 1 gallon milk jug.

To replace a small ceramic log set in a 17"x15" fireplace with 4" depth to cover all the pipes, I needed 60 lbs. of glass.

Thank you!!!

For the record this means 10lb = 231 cubic inches, although your project gives a ratio of 17 cu in/lb (10lb = 170 cu in) which i am sure is because of all the space taken by the piping and such.

smokingpencils

quality posts: 2 Private Messages smokingpencils

BTW, I bought my fire glass "on sale" a $39.95 for 10 lbs. It's beautiful, but glass is glass. I'd love it more if I had paid the Woot price.

huggybear0132

smokingpencils wrote:BTW, I bought my fire glass "on sale" a $39.95 for 10 lbs. It's beautiful, but glass is glass. I'd love it more if I had paid the Woot price.

And I would love it more if Woot let me buy more than 30 lbs of it for my project that will require 50 lb (18" diameter 4" deep). Probably going to skip this for that exact reason as I would like it all to match. Thank you for your input though!

LaVikinga

quality posts: 22 Private Messages LaVikinga
huggybear0132 wrote:And I would love it more if Woot let me buy more than 30 lbs of it for my project that will require 50 lb (18" diameter 4" deep). Probably going to skip this for that exact reason as I would like it all to match. Thank you for your input though!

Perhaps you could get your friend, SchmuggyBear2310, to make a purchase with his different credit card.

Wine may not heal all things, but it sure will make you feel a whole lot better.

laskowa1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laskowa1

I used a similar product to convert my inside gas fireplace. I found that you could put a layer of cheap lava rocks down first as a filler and then cover that with the glass - saved me a ton of money to do that.

kekus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kekus

How do you put the fire out?

raaaaaa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raaaaaa

I don't see the point the exact same glasses on Amazon for the exact same price including shipping if your prime member

cvitale

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cvitale

can I use with my ceramic logs in gas fireplace?

tamiralinn

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tamiralinn
cvitale wrote:can I use with my ceramic logs in gas fireplace?

I would recommend checking your fire place 1st. I wanted to do this and after I purchased my glass I figured out the logs were bolted into the fire place and not easily removed. I ended up spreading my glass under them

tamiralinn

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tamiralinn

this is a really good price I paid $50 at lowes for 10lbs of glass.

1075hoehn

quality posts: 4 Private Messages 1075hoehn

Shopping around, this looks like a great deal. I wish they were of the smaller variety. At 3/4 to 1 inch in diameter, these are larger than standard glass pieces.