Top 6% of all Woots

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Patio Bistro Electric Grill
Price: $79.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Thursday, Apr 20 to Friday, Apr 21) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
3/26/2017 - $79.99
3/5/2017 - $79.99 - Click To See Discussion (4 comments)
12/26/2016 - $79.99

11/29/2016 - $79.99 (Woot Plus)

buckminster

quality posts: 4 Private Messages buckminster

Great little electric grill. I have been using this for a few years now and it does an impressive job. No gas tanks to lug around and best of all no hydrocarbons in your food.Paid 100 for it from HDepot

rrussell

quality posts: 13 Private Messages rrussell

What's this whole "Infrared" thing that's taking off?

Doesn't that just mean it cooks with heat?

sabrewolf1001

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sabrewolf1001

Bought one of these in December from Woot, it's the only grill type (electric) that the insurance company will allow at my condo. Easy to assemble once you start putting things together.

andytheitguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andytheitguy

Is that Strong Bad?

lettusaurus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lettusaurus

I have one of these that I bought several years ago. I find that it does an OK job for cooking things slowly. However, it never really gets hot enough to put a flash sear on your meat

ivsciguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ivsciguy

I bought this the last time they had this deal because it is the only type of grill I can have at my appartment. Works great. The infrared kind of cooks things from the inside out. It said 4 minute on each side for well done burgers. After trying it, it didn't look very done on the outside, but upon cutting into it, the burgers were done all the way through and were very juicy. It is not great for searing, but it does cook things very quickly and then end up tasting pretty great. Really great for veggies as well.

srauls

quality posts: 3 Private Messages srauls

I had one I bought a few years ago for my apartment at first it was great. Then the controls went bad after about a year. It wasn't worth replacing the controls since it almost cost as much as a whole new unit. Thankfully I found another electric grill that hasn't had the same problems as the char-broil. I'm not sure if the grease ran into the control unit since the controls are slanted so grease can get into it, or if the controls went bad from some other cause.

scottyg2203

quality posts: 2 Private Messages scottyg2203
ivsciguy wrote:I bought this the last time they had this deal because it is the only type of grill I can have at my appartment. Works great. The infrared kind of cooks things from the inside out. It said 4 minute on each side for well done burgers. After trying it, it didn't look very done on the outside, but upon cutting into it, the burgers were done all the way through and were very juicy. It is not great for searing, but it does cook things very quickly and then end up tasting pretty great. Really great for veggies as well.

yuck.

Tobysmom1111

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tobysmom1111

The cheapest I could find this grill was $140 at Home Depot and the same on Ebay. Then it popped up on Woot for much, much less ($80!). I was afraid I was going to get something less than desirable at that low price but it is absolutely great!!!! I have cooked chicken, steaks, fish and vegetables and everything has cooked perfectly. I think the key to getting those beautiful char grill marks is to oil the grill first, turn it on high for about 15 minutes, then put your meat on, let it sizzle, peek at the underside after a few minutes, if grill marks are there flip it over, repeat and then turn the temp down and finish cooking until done. I keep my grill super clean and I think that helps with the initial charring...no crud on the grill means maximum contact between the blazing hot grill and the meat.