Top 5% of Tools Woots
Top 7% of all Woots

tc1uscg

quality posts: 33 Private Messages tc1uscg

Nothing like blowing up your plumping.

TC1 USCG Ret

PReed4962

quality posts: 3 Private Messages PReed4962

Oh yeah, push those towels further down the sewer line... Go from one toilet being plugged to the whole house backing up. If something like this is stopped up in the toilet still just pull the toilet. You just took an easy repair and turned it into, at minimum, a $500 roto-rooter repair.
Dumb.

srportelance

quality posts: 0 Private Messages srportelance
Nothing like blowing up your plumping.

Oh yeah, push those towels further down the sewer line... Go from one toilet being plugged to the whole house backing up. If something like this is stopped up in the toilet still just pull the toilet. You just took an easy repair and turned it into, at minimum, a $500 roto-rooter repair.
Dumb.

Ok, so what would you guys think about using this in a (totally hypothetical, I swear!) situation where an ~8" pencil was flushed down but is stuck somewhere in the tubes? Asking for a friend, or for science, whatever

mtrotter2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mtrotter2

My wife said she could think of other uses for me...

Snafu77

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Snafu77
srportelance wrote:Ok, so what would you guys think about using this in a (totally hypothetical, I swear!) situation where an ~8" pencil was flushed down but is stuck somewhere in the tubes? Asking for a friend, or for science, whatever

Go pick up a Toilet Auger/Closet Auger (Toilet Snake.) You should be able to get a quality used one cheap aka $10-$20. In order of where you'd find one cheapest to most expensive - GoodWill, Pawn Shop, Harbor Freight, Northern Tool, BLowes/Home Depot. A decent thick one should snap that pencil and break up anything stuck to it easy.

maybejet

quality posts: 6 Private Messages maybejet

Seems like too many steps and too many parts to keep up with for the average consumer...and useless for a professional. Might(?) be worth a try for $10-20. Would love to hear feedback from users!

cmelling2003

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cmelling2003

Tried to find reviews on it... nowhere to be found even on Amazon...odd! Any one have any links?

porciniman

quality posts: 12 Private Messages porciniman
maybejet wrote:Seems like too many steps and too many parts to keep up with for the average consumer...and useless for a professional. Might(?) be worth a try for $10-20. Would love to hear feedback from users!

The bulb pump part that fits in the toilet... is totally useless !
I tried to use the included hand bulb pump, but it did not provide any movement on the pressure gauge sufficient to operate the the unit !!
The hand bulb part that looks like a blood pressure bulb, can't build any pressure...... mainly because the air leaks out at the connection as was observed by the bubbles continually coming from it, no matter how hard I tightened it !
The large round connection works a little better.....once seated tightly in your toilet, I used the hand pump ...which generates a lot of pressure....Only draw back,...if it's not seated just right,...the water blasts back in your face !!!
I kinda solved that....once I had the seal seated as best I could and I had the unit pumped with air, I draped a towel over the seat and let'r rip !
It got rid of the minor flow problem, but this item is really a JOKE !!!!!!!!!
Especially for the price !
I'm gonna see if they'll let me return it !!

kneel23

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kneel23

First of all... pawn shops and Good Will will NOT take your used toilet snakes. lol.

This product is laughable. The website and video has very horrible English and one of the only 2 (5 star) "reviews" on byebyeclog.com says "Love this clog"...

Narfcake

quality posts: 384 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

kneel23 wrote:First of all... pawn shops and Good Will will NOT take your used toilet snakes. lol. ....

I bought my plumber's snake from a thrift store.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure between standard and premium options at shirt.woot? Read more about their differences here.

Like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

elvi007

quality posts: 8 Private Messages elvi007
srportelance wrote:Ok, so what would you guys think about using this in a (totally hypothetical, I swear!) situation where an ~8" pencil was flushed down but is stuck somewhere in the tubes? Asking for a friend, or for science, whatever

Won't work. The pencil won't make it through the bend of the trap in your bowl. Only way it's coming out is if you take the toilet up and try to snake it from the bottom and push it back out the way it came in. Even then it might not since the pencil is slim and the snake can go right by it.

elvi007

quality posts: 8 Private Messages elvi007

As a plumber I think that if you have a clog in your pipe and use this it will blow your wax seal out that seals the toilet to your pipes. Even if it's a clog in the toilet it could but I think it definitely would if the pipes were clogged.