WootBot


quality posts: 17 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Vivere Sunbrella Double Hammock with Space-Saving Steel Stand

Last Purchase:
4 days ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 18% of Tools Woots
Top 17% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 15% of Tools Woots
Top 15% of all Woots

wootstalkerbot


quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

Vivere Sunbrella Double Hammock with Space-Saving Steel Stand
Price: $147.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard (Free with Prime)
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days (Tuesday, May 22 to Friday, May 25) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

datcord


quality posts: 3 Private Messages datcord

Gotta say, this is pretty pricey. Stupidly pricey, in fact.

I was looking into getting a hammock stand for my Twisted Root double hammock and you can get stands for ~$65 all over Amazon. (Some even with attachments to hold your drinks/phones/tablets/etc.) So, unless they're selling you a hammock that's worth $85.... (Spoiler: It's not.)

A decent, comfy hammock is <$25 (or $15, if you want to get one of the Twisted Root ones that are currently in the garage sale). Pass on this, get them separately.

fritz5668


quality posts: 0 Private Messages fritz5668
datcord wrote:Gotta say, this is pretty pricey. Stupidly pricey, in fact.

I was looking into getting a hammock stand for my Twisted Root double hammock and you can get stands for ~$65 all over Amazon. (Some even with attachments to hold your drinks/phones/tablets/etc.) So, unless they're selling you a hammock that's worth $85.... (Spoiler: It's not.)

A decent, comfy hammock is <$25 (or $15, if you want to get one of the Twisted Root ones that are currently in the garage sale). Pass on this, get them separately.



Thanks, your right.

kayleykale


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kayleykale

You can find this on Amazon, Groupon, etc for $89 or less.

machineman


quality posts: 1 Private Messages machineman

Bought a couple of these here a few years back for $89 each... INFLATION

tbone4eva


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tbone4eva

With the $89 ones, the hammocks are made from cotton while these are "Sunbrella" fabrics. They are supposed to last longer than cotton due to resisting UV and mildew and so better if you plan to leave the hammock outside.

bbqpope


quality posts: 3 Private Messages bbqpope

I have on like this but in a different color scheme and it was $79 on amazon last year.

MITCHELLWOOT


quality posts: 5 Private Messages MITCHELLWOOT

Purchased 9FT one a couple of years ago on Woot for $89. But it's not a "Sunbrella" hammock, that's probably the difference in price.

snmurphy95


quality posts: 5 Private Messages snmurphy95

Bought this off woot when it was just $99. One thing to note about this hammock is that the fabric is not sealed in anyway, so you cannot repeatedly leave it outside without it growing black mold.

The frame itself is very sturdy, easy to put together, and moderately difficult to take apart. Not ideal for "quick camper setup" but alright for a permanent porch feature, provided the porch is covered or you plan on taking the actual hammock off the stand after each use.

Dinosaurs and applesauce

HammockPro


quality posts: 0 Private Messages HammockPro
snmurphy95 wrote:Bought this off woot when it was just $99. One thing to note about this hammock is that the fabric is not sealed in anyway, so you cannot repeatedly leave it outside without it growing black mold.

The frame itself is very sturdy, easy to put together, and moderately difficult to take apart. Not ideal for "quick camper setup" but alright for a permanent porch feature, provided the porch is covered or you plan on taking the actual hammock off the stand after each use.



These hammocks are Sunbrella, they are mold and mildew resistant.

https://www.sunbrella.com/en-us/textiles/shade/residential

The cotton hammocks need to be taken indoors after use if you are to pro-long the life and are available for $89.99 on Amazon.

*comment from the manufacturer*

1075hoehn


quality posts: 6 Private Messages 1075hoehn
datcord wrote:Gotta say, this is pretty pricey. Stupidly pricey, in fact.

I was looking into getting a hammock stand for my Twisted Root double hammock and you can get stands for ~$65 all over Amazon. (Some even with attachments to hold your drinks/phones/tablets/etc.) So, unless they're selling you a hammock that's worth $85.... (Spoiler: It's not.)

A decent, comfy hammock is <$25 (or $15, if you want to get one of the Twisted Root ones that are currently in the garage sale). Pass on this, get them separately.



Here's a link to one we like.
https://www.amazon.com/Best-Choice-Products-Portable-Accessory/dp/B01NAVPFAP/

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 1033 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff


Hey all! Some of you are commenting that you bought this before on woot. This is the first time we've sold these hammocks. The difference is the Sunbrella fabric.

Made of highly weather-resistant Sunbrella fabric, this Brazilian style hammock will outlast every season. It is as comfortable as cotton, creating the perfect refuge for an afternoon snuggle. The dyes permeate the fabric, right down to the core, bringing you year after year of vibrant color. It’s also stain resistant, so spills are easily cleaned up.

The Sunbrella hammock resists mildew, rot, chlorine, and atmospheric chemicals. It’s easy to clean – use mild soap with lukewarm water, rinse, and air dry.



** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

lmonteros


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lmonteros
ThunderThighs wrote:Hey all! Some of you are commenting that you bought this before on woot. This is the first time we've sold these hammocks. The difference is the Sunbrella fabric.

Made of highly weather-resistant Sunbrella fabric, this Brazilian style hammock will outlast every season. It is as comfortable as cotton, creating the perfect refuge for an afternoon snuggle. The dyes permeate the fabric, right down to the core, bringing you year after year of vibrant color. It’s also stain resistant, so spills are easily cleaned up.

The Sunbrella hammock resists mildew, rot, chlorine, and atmospheric chemicals. It’s easy to clean – use mild soap with lukewarm water, rinse, and air dry.



We don't get a lot of mold in LA, but lots of sun. Will this resist 100+ temps in full sun all day?

HammockPro


quality posts: 0 Private Messages HammockPro
lmonteros wrote:We don't get a lot of mold in LA, but lots of sun. Will this resist 100+ temps in full sun all day?



*comment from the manufacturer*

Here is some tips on Sunbrella.

What Makes Sunbrella So Great?
One of the things that makes Sunbrella so good is what Sunbrella fabric is made of. Sunbrella fabric is made of 100% solution dyed acrylic. The fabrics of much of the outdoor furniture that you will find in stores are made of polyester and are not nearly as durable as acrylic fabric. Sunbrella has created their acrylic fabric product to be able to withstand up to 1500 hours of direct sunlight. Keep in mind that the fabric will only get direct sunlight for 4-8 hrs a day on average (if that). That means it will last year’s even when sitting out in the sun!

How to Make Sunbrella Fabrics Last Even Longer.
It is recommended to take your outdoor furniture inside during the winter months, or any other time when you won’t be using it for an extended period of time. This protects your investment and increases the life of your fabric. During the months when you do use the furniture more often, store the cushions out of the direct sunlight and rain when possible. If you have a covered porch, move the furniture into the covered area when you are done using it. If you don’t have a covered area, you may want to consider an outdoor storage bin. But even if you don’t do any of that, the fabric sill still last a long time.

lmonteros


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lmonteros
HammockPro wrote:*comment from the manufacturer*

Here is some tips on Sunbrella.

What Makes Sunbrella So Great?
One of the things that makes Sunbrella so good is what Sunbrella fabric is made of. Sunbrella fabric is made of 100% solution dyed acrylic. The fabrics of much of the outdoor furniture that you will find in stores are made of polyester and are not nearly as durable as acrylic fabric. Sunbrella has created their acrylic fabric product to be able to withstand up to 1500 hours of direct sunlight. Keep in mind that the fabric will only get direct sunlight for 4-8 hrs a day on average (if that). That means it will last year’s even when sitting out in the sun!

How to Make Sunbrella Fabrics Last Even Longer.
It is recommended to take your outdoor furniture inside during the winter months, or any other time when you won’t be using it for an extended period of time. This protects your investment and increases the life of your fabric. During the months when you do use the furniture more often, store the cushions out of the direct sunlight and rain when possible. If you have a covered porch, move the furniture into the covered area when you are done using it. If you don’t have a covered area, you may want to consider an outdoor storage bin. But even if you don’t do any of that, the fabric sill still last a long time.



Thanks!

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 1033 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff



Oooooooh, the buyer has done lowered the price on these here hammocks! Please go buy ALL the hammocks with the fancy fabric that resists damage better than cotton!


If you already purchased, that money will hope right back in your pocket soonish.



** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items