Top 6% of Tools Woots
Top 7% of all Woots

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

FenSens Smart Wireless Parking Sensor
Price: $63.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard (Free with Prime)
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Thursday, May 17 to Friday, May 18) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Highside1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Highside1

How does it know you're backing up? Does it go off if you're sitting still but there is an object behind you?

dabird

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dabird

I rarely parallel park. Even so, I notice that the video shows a condition where parallel parking is extremely easy anyway, so the device isn't really needed there.

Wonder how this does when you're backing out in the parking lot. The cars in back of you aren't so nicely aligned with the rear end of the car.

tmorris9

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tmorris9
Highside1 wrote:How does it know you're backing up? Does it go off if you're sitting still but there is an object behind you?

There is a wireless button you push to open the app and it connects to your phone then.

rcoll62000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rcoll62000

Can you mount it on the front of your car?

PocketBrain

quality posts: 65 Private Messages PocketBrain

Annoying music is annoying.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SAFETY EQUIPMENT YOU NEED TO LAUNCH AN APP TO USE! Then you need to sit there while it connects to bluetooth... it's triggered by an accelerometer when you reverse, so how useful can that be? You'll be busy exchanging insurance information before it syncs up.

Thanks to up-to-the-minute tracking, I don't track my package so much as stalk it.

tbone4eva

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tbone4eva

This frame looks like it is pretty big. Be mindful if you live in state where your license plate must be fully visible, including the state name.

wish2fish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wish2fish
tmorris9 wrote:There is a wireless button you push to open the app and it connects to your phone then.

The video says it has an accelerometer that automatically opens the app and displays on your screen.

Smartguy6519

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Smartguy6519
PocketBrain wrote:Annoying music is annoying.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SAFETY EQUIPMENT YOU NEED TO LAUNCH AN APP TO USE! Then you need to sit there while it connects to bluetooth... it's triggered by an accelerometer when you reverse, so how useful can that be? You'll be busy exchanging insurance information before it syncs up.

I think you would only have this problem if you jumped in your car and immediately started to leave. Bluetooth as of 2012 could connect within a minute and I would assume it would start that connection when you walk up to your car. So when you are robbing the bank, it might not work, but for the family it would. Once you are connected, it should be almost instantaneous. Again, not driving like a maniac or anything. If you immediately put it in reverse and go, then it's not going to work.

My concern is it has no video. I watched the video and waited for that. If it had that I would buy it in a second. Without it though, I can live without.

breasor07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages breasor07
tbone4eva wrote:This frame looks like it is pretty big. Be mindful if you live in state where your license plate must be fully visible, including the state name.

Yeah,this is totally illegal in NJ since it blocks the entire border. Sadly, this is a state where it would be pretty useful if it didnt sound so annoying.

simonwang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages simonwang

does this unit comes with 2 plates for mounting front and back of the car like the app shows? or you would have to buy 2 of these for both front and back of the car?

thrincold

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thrincold

I wouldn't buy this on the product description alone. Was it a sloppy copy/paste job or is it that bad on the product page on Amazon?

Nargg

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Nargg
simonwang wrote:does this unit comes with 2 plates for mounting front and back of the car like the app shows? or you would have to buy 2 of these for both front and back of the car?

The description specifically states 1 plate. So if you front and back you'd need to buy two. Seems the app can use two plates.

Seems like a good idea for the non-mechanical types that still want this feature at a non-installed price (many hundreds if not thousands depending on car for a professionally done method.) For what it does and how well, price seems very good.

afterburner101

quality posts: 3 Private Messages afterburner101
tbone4eva wrote:This frame looks like it is pretty big. Be mindful if you live in state where your license plate must be fully visible, including the state name.

It may have changed, but isn't a steering wheel mounted knob against the law as well? They used to have those big steering knobs like they had on big rigs you could buy, but I thought most states banned them?

slambram

quality posts: 5 Private Messages slambram
afterburner101 wrote:It may have changed, but isn't a steering wheel mounted knob against the law as well? They used to have those big steering knobs like they had on big rigs you could buy, but I thought most states banned them?

"Suicide knobs" I remember them being called, but don;t know why.

When I was a valet, every once in a while a car would come in with one and honestly - it's the same as "palming" the wheel. If the car didn't have power steering (making palming impossible), I can see where the know would come in handy, but other than that?

The only reason I can think for them being illegal is it's a protrusion off the wheel - something a tie or hair could get caught on. Stranger things have happened...

jrw88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrw88

I can't find the sensing technology being used. Is it ultrasonic sonar? radio/radar? If it's just an accelerometer, how can it know distance to the nearest bumper?

Is it only powered by battery and is it on 100% of the time? Or does it hook up to the backing-up light? Or some other source (like the 12V accessory socket in the back of a trunk)

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1038 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jrw88 wrote:I can't find the sensing technology being used. Is it ultrasonic sonar? radio/radar? If it's just an accelerometer, how can it know distance to the nearest bumper?

Is it only powered by battery and is it on 100% of the time? Or does it hook up to the backing-up light? Or some other source (like the 12V accessory socket in the back of a trunk)

The features state that it's battery powered.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

dalem589

quality posts: 7 Private Messages dalem589
slambram wrote:"Suicide knobs" I remember them being called, but don;t know why.

When I was a valet, every once in a while a car would come in with one and honestly - it's the same as "palming" the wheel. If the car didn't have power steering (making palming impossible), I can see where the know would come in handy, but other than that?

The only reason I can think for them being illegal is it's a protrusion off the wheel - something a tie or hair could get caught on. Stranger things have happened...

Amazon sells dozens of kinds. May not be illegal

bryon456

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bryon456

I have this product, I purchased directly from Fensens last December so I'll attempt to answer some of the questions.

rcoll62000 wrote:Can you mount it on the front of your car?

Yes, there is a setting in the app to choose rear or front mount.

It is very big & covers most of the top & bottom of the license plate & it sticks out pretty far.

afterburner101 wrote:It may have changed, but isn't a steering wheel mounted knob against the law as well? They used to have those big steering knobs like they had on big rigs you could buy, but I thought most states banned them?

The steering wheel mount is silly & gimmicky to me however it also comes with double sided tape so you can mount it on any flat surface in the vehicle.

jrw88 wrote:Is it only powered by battery and is it on 100% of the time? Or does it hook up to the backing-up light? Or some other source (like the 12V accessory socket in the back of a trunk)

It is powered by 2 AA batteries. I've had mine since January & the app still shows the battery as being full so they should last quite some time.

I've been using this for about 5 months and overall I like it however it does have it's annoyances. The first is that it's much more sensitive than OEM sensors. Rain, snow & even dew in the morning make it unusable because it sets the sensors off when you activate the app. In other words if the outdoor conditions are not perfect then this will likely not work. Also it sometimes picks up the bumper no matter what settings I choose in the app.

gsprague

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gsprague
slambram wrote:"Suicide knobs" I remember them being called, but don;t know why.

You get in a crash with one of those positioned at throat or heart level, you ded

jrw88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrw88
jrw88 wrote:I can't find the sensing technology being used. Is it ultrasonic sonar? radio/radar? If it's just an accelerometer, how can it know distance to the nearest bumper?

Is it only powered by battery

Just saw the video. accelerometer turns it on. ultrasonic sensors for distance. bluetooth wakes the phone. got it. clever. bummed I missed the deal. next time.

EtothaJ

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EtothaJ

Unit is used w rusty / loose bolts. Still paired to original owner, so useless for me at the moment. Very bad form Woot/Amazon!

manlapig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manlapig

Staff

EtothaJ wrote:Unit is used w rusty / loose bolts. Still paired to original owner, so useless for me at the moment. Very bad form Woot/Amazon!

Yikes, I'm sorry to hear that! If you haven’t already, please use the Customer Service form and they’ll be happy to help.

johndesd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johndesd

My "refurbished" fensens is already registered. Useless to me, I cannot activate it through the app. Back it goes!

ThunderThighs

Staff

Hi there! If your sensor is registered to another person, contact FenSens and they'll help you out.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

LeinerD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LeinerD

They were very quick to answer and take care of the registration problem. The battery in the Tap was dead and it worked after I replaced it. The operation of the iPhone app is very awkward and odd but FenSens says they are aware of that and working on an update.

rstaiger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rstaiger

I have everything mounted, the application downloaded, and my Tab button paired without issue; however, my FenSens when pairing with my Apple X gives me a screen stating:

! This is a registered device
Type Shared Code
Connect to Device

I created an account and have reviewed my settings, Bluetooth and the SetupGuide

a. The device does not show up in my Bluetooth device list

b. I have stopped and started Bluetooth

c. I have pulled the batteries and reinserted them

d. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the application

e. From the web site, I followed these instructions as well; however, the navigation does not seem to apply to my Apple setting and configuration

It's Asking For A Share Code, What Do I Do?

Make sure you record your share code from Settings > Manage Devices > FenSens > Click On The Device. You should be able to see your device details and the share code associated with this. Provide this share code to friends and family for them to use when signing up and connecting with your device.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Hi there. contact FenSens and they'll help you out on that registration problem.

andykaruza

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andykaruza

Hi

Company founder of FenSens here to help. If you have any questions about setup, please email us at info at FenSens dot com and our customer support staff would be happy to help. The security code is an anti-theft feature that may pop up on some refurbed devices, which means that the previous owner has not unsynced the device or deleted their app. Frankly, this means the anti-theft feature is working and we haven't had one theft to date. Alas, we can give you the code and have you setup and ready to go in no time. Email us if you need any help with the share code or anything else. Thanks for trying our product, we take our customers seriously.

-
Andy Karuza
CEO
FenSens