Top 3% of Tools Woots
Top 4% of all Woots

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5]

DeWALT 20V MAX Cordless Compact Drill Driver Kit
Price: $79.99
Shipping Options:: $6 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Thursday, Oct 11 to Friday, Oct 12) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

GDorn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages GDorn

This is a solid kit. I bought it elsewhere, and have used it for a year, and have been happy with it ever since. I put together a greenhouse with it, tore apart some IBC container frames with it, assembled a catio with it. It's good. It's not exceptional, but it's everything a home gamer could want in a cordless drill.

Jon651

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Jon651

Prices are starting to drop on these entry level tools with standard motors now that the more advanced brushless motors are showing up more frequently. This is a good tool for the home handyman on a budget to get into a quality tool, albeit without all the bells and whistles.

Newer models will have more powerful brushless motors, larger capacity batteries, all-metal gearboxes, etc. but you won't get one for this price! This kit is currently $99 at the big box home improvement stores as well as over on the mothership. This offering would be great for the weekend DIY'er or the occasional home dabbler and you can still show off your "yellow" drill.

jakeiscrazy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jakeiscrazy

I've had this drill for 3 or 4 years, works great. It also works with the larger batteries for a little more power and run time.

tc1uscg

quality posts: 36 Private Messages tc1uscg

This is way I no longer use yellow tools. I do have a 10 year old porter cable "set" that I use a lot but when I have a big project, I go for my 18volt Milwaukee. I had a dewalt once that would smoke like a Chrysler minivan that had the Mitsubishi 3.0ltr V6 and 100k miles on it. Once it got "warmed", it wouldn't smoke so much. It finally died so I replaced it with a porter cable. But I've since then moved to the red side.

TC1 USCG Ret

colinchout

quality posts: 10 Private Messages colinchout

What a bummer , bought this very set for $99 few weeks ago .

[MOD: That was a different model. ]

gryhnd

quality posts: 6 Private Messages gryhnd

Was given this exact kit for Christmas when the family heard me complaining that the batteries in my old 18V Dewalt were on the way out (I've since found cheap, competent replacements through Amazon). They paid $99 on sale back then.

Anyway, I was surprised how well this performs. The batteries for being so small last quite a while longer than I anticipated.

My only quibble is that there is no where to clip your driver bits! My old 18V had two slots to pop in say a philips and standard driver so they are always close at hand (and not getting lost when swapping).

For this one, you have to buy the bit holders for $9 each. So that adds another $20 to the price to make it as usable as my old 18V.

imix4u

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imix4u

Anyone know if these batteries are compatible with the charger and adapter I would have gotten with the DcA2203C kit?

I know the batteries are lower in capacity, but are they the same size/compatible?

ramfn8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ramfn8

Seems like a very good deal..The Home Depot near us has the identical item for 99.95..I bought one here earlier this morning